Obtain an Event Press Pass
Deadline: April 23, 2011
In order to qualify for an Event Press Pass, you must be a member of the press. At least one week before the rally, the following things must be accomplished.
- You must log in to the database and "volunteer" as a media person.
- Send in the Media Accreditation Form
- Send in an electronic head-shot photo
- Send a Letter of Assignment
- Send a business card
A rally is a complicated event. For this rally, we are orchestrating nearly 100 cars and motorcycles moving over 560 square miles with a precision of under one minute. What this means for you as a member of the press is that if you just show up the day of the event and ask "How do I get to Turn 1?" you are likely to be disappointed with the quality of coverage you can supply to your audience. Therefore, we ask that you contact the rally organizer at least one week in advance so you can plan your media coverage and we can plan to make accomodations for you.
If your schedule prohibits any advance contact, then you will find that you will be able to deliver the highest quality coverage possible by using the publicly available spectator information, as it contains excellent directions and schedules and it will not require a Media Pass.
Media personnel are not allowed:
- Inside any time control, start control, or finish control;
- To hike into the stage from the start or from the finish;
- To access locations on stage that are not defined as “media areas” or “spectator areas”.
The week before the rally we are physically not able to create media passes. We are en route to the rally, the hardware and equipment to create passes is 600 miles away.